Main image

Thursday, October 27, 2011

HIV Night Sweats

HIV Night Sweats
One of the Most Annoying HIV Symptoms

We all perspire. In fact the average person losses about 1 quart of fluid a day by sweating. But for those living with HIV, night sweats can be a very annoying problem. What are night sweats? Why do they occur and what can be done about them?

What Are Night Sweats?
Night sweats occur frequently in people living with HIV. Simply put, night sweats are profuse sweating that is not related to exercise. As the name implies night sweats occur primarily while you sleep but can occur during the day as well.

What Are the Symptoms of Night Sweats?
For fear of stating the obvious, sweating is the primary symptom of night sweats. Night sweats differ from other sweating in that they:

* occur without exercise
* they occur primarily while sleeping
* they can be very profuse; soaking bedclothes, sheets and blankets

What Causes Night Sweats?
There are many causes of night sweats including:

* HIV infection - Night sweats can be just another symptom of HIV infection or they can be a sign of another infection such as the bacterial infection Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) and the fungal infection histoplasmosis.
* Tuberculosis (TB)
* Endocrine disorders such as diabetes and menopause.
* Pregnancy
* Sleep apnea and other sleep disorders.
* Certain medications such as those used to control fever
* alcohol consumption

How Are Night Sweats Treated?
While there is no way to eliminate night sweats entirely, certain interventions can make the condition less annoying. They include:

* Try to find the cause. Do you have an underlying infection or treatable condition that is causing the night sweats?
* Do you sleep well at night? If not you may have a sleep disorder that is contributing to the night sweats.
* What medicines are you taking? Could they be causing the night sweats?
* Reduce your alcohol consumption and avoid spicy foods before bedtime.
* Stay cool by keeping your bedroom cool or taking a cool shower or bath before bedtime.

What Should I Do About My Night Sweats
The worst thing about night sweats is they are so uncomfortable. Sleep becomes difficult when your bedclothes are soaked with sweat. If you wake in the middle of the night with "sweats" here's what you should do to get back to sleep.

* Take a cool bath or shower and change into dry bedclothes.
* Change your bedding. Make sure to use a water proof pad under the dry bedding to protect your mattress from being saturated from the sweats.
* If the weather permits, open a bedroom window or use a fan to circulate air. Be careful to avoid a chill.

If you suffer from night sweats or you find that your night sweats are more severe or more frequent than they used to be, contact your doctor so he or she can investigate the cause.

2 comments:

  1. It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something Ignorance though,I found pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure's I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Infertility, ,Epilepsy ,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara,Conley,Mckinney and many more suffrin from all kind of disease so i contacted him . He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am Angela, thanks to Dr Osaze who cured me of HIV. I contacted HIV on my
    struggle to get a good education for my self. The symptoms were already
    showing in me, due to my incessant failing health. Until a friend saw
    Dr osaze's recommendation online, on how he has helped so many people,
    and we decided to reach him. And he applied his herbal medicine on me,
    and I bounce back to my previous heath status. In case you want to reach
    him for a similar issue you can call him at +2347089275769 or email
    him at drosaze39@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

Followers